Position: Unpaid Radio Sales Manager
Providing the opportunity to experience a career in various aspects of the radio/media & entertainment industry.
WPRV Praise Vision Networks (WPRV) is committed to developing talent and interest in our industry and provides a wide range of internship opportunities for interested students. An internship at WPRV can provide you the chance to explore your career interests, acquire marketable job skills while “learning the ropes” of the industry, establish professional contacts, and gain practical work experience.
WPRV internship program offers opportunities in the areas of Programming, Production, Marketing & Promotion, Sales, and more. Our internships offer meaningful educational and work experiences designed to meet the academic and career goals of the intern. Our management will teach and encourage, but it’s up to the student to bring an enthusiasm to learn.
• Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues
• Set individual sales targets with sales team
• Delegate responsibility for customer accounts to sales personnel
• Co-ordinate sales action plans for individual salespeople
• Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team
• Ensure sales team have the necessary resources to perform properly
• Monitor the achievement of sales objectives by the sales team
• Network with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
• Evaluate performance of sales staff
• Provide feedback, support and coaching to the sales team
• Plan and direct sales team training
• Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals
• Co-ordinate and monitor online sales activity
• Investigate lost sales and customer accounts
• Track, collate and interpret sales figures
• Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue
• Generate timely sales reports
• Develop pricing schedules and rates
• Formulate sales policies and procedures
• Help prepare budgets
• Control expenses and monitor budgets
• Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis
• Analyze data to identify sales opportunities
• Develop promotional ideas and material
• Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts
• Business degree or related professional qualification
• Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
• technical sales skills
• Proven experience in customer relationship management
• Knowledge of market research
• Experience in managing and directing a sales team
• Relevant product and industry knowledge
• Experience with relevant software applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving
• Presentation skills
• Sound Judgment
• Stress tolerance
• At least 18 years of age
• Enrolled in an accredited college or university
• Able to provide a letter from the student’s school stating that the student will be granted credit for the internship.
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Position Type: Unpaid Interns
An internship at WPRV Praise Vision Networks does not secure employment upon graduation.
WPRV Praise Radio Vision Networks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.